Penetration Testing mailing list archives

IP secondary network visualization tool?

From: "Christopher A. Jarosz" <christopherjarosz () att net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:45:45 -0800

Good Day Everyone!!!

I have a quick question for you.  I¹m doing a pen-test with a client and was
curious about something.  I did a ³sniff² on a layer two domain and saw
multiple layer three addressing (i.e. 10.0.0.0/16, 192.168.1.0/24...etc).  I
looked at their router and sure enough, the client was running multiple
layer three subnets on the layer two domain.  I know Cisco supports doing
that, but, here is my question...

Is there a tools like Cheops or ??? That I can use to discover these other
subnets?  I know when you plug in a laptop, you need to configure it with
one of the layer threes, but can you discover these without using a sniffer
and by using some tool, present a network topography?

Thanks!!!

Best and finest regards!!!

Chrisj