Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Password Cracking Issues

From: "Adrian Puente Z." <apuente () hackarandas com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:53:07 -0600

If you are doing a Client-aware pentest, you should have acces and even
control of the device, take screenshots to have probes and make it part
of the report that involves all the targets you are pentesting. That's
the way I do it. You should not change any setting unless you need to so
you get control of another target, but use names that can be associated
to the pentest and have a really detailed log so the IDS and IPS can
math with anything you did and you can protect yourself if a parallel
incident happens.

Greets,

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 11:06 AM, THOMAS, DEDRIC (ATTCLSMA)