Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: pentesting voip network-please help

From: YGN Ethical Hacker Group <lists () yehg net>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:50:45 +0800

http://www.tacticalvoip.com/tools.html

YGN Ethical Hacker Group
Yangon, Myanmar
http://yehg.net

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 9:54 PM, McGhee, Eddie <Eddie.McGhee () ncr com> wrote:
Hi Marco,

There is usually two tftps configured for the 7941 phone, I would check in settings and try to connect to the second
tftp if available. These are available off these Settings -> Network configuration -> options 8 and 9 on 7941 I have
on my desk here.

Next I would look at where the busiest/most interesting RTP packets are coming from and choose which hosts to poison,
if it is possible, get the IP's of staff high in the organization and arp poison these clients then sniff away.

Last piece of advice may be relevant or not but backtrack is fully loaded with great tools for pentesting VOIP, is
this what you are using?

Regards

 phed