Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: felons as pentesters

From: "Kevin L. Shaw, CISSP, GCIH, GPEN" <kshaw () eeenterprisesinc com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 07:58:36 -0700

As my statement before, I'm with Mark on this one. Those weren't normal people when they bent their morals and
committed crimes. There are plenty of upstanding individuals out there to hire, and train even.
--
Kevin L. Shaw,  CISSP, GCIH, GPEN
240.593.4261

"Mark Brunner" <kohi10 () rogers com> wrote:

J.

Feel free to have an opinion, misguided or otherwise.  BTW, cybercrime?
It's just plain old crime.  All that has changed is the vehicle.  Why
not an
FBI agent.  Temptation is everywhere, and few are immune.  If the
return was
right, the risk appeared low, and the probability of success was
positive,
even a saint can be tempted!  I wouldn't hire a known child molester to
look
after my granddaughter, I won't hire a proven thief to manage my stock
portfolio, and if I have a choice between a convicted felon and someone
with
a clean record, I am going to take a chance on the unknown quantity,
and add
to the mix my best preventive controls and detective measures.

As soon as the people listed below decided to commit crime, hurt
someone,
damage something not their own, they became wolves.
That is my 2¢ and humorous, misguided opinion, be the first on your
block to
collect all ten!

M. Brunner
Information Security Manager & Consultant
Greater Toronto Area, Ontario Canada