Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: WAF Testing..suggestions??

From: "DucNguyen" <ducnp () misoft-hcm com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 02:48:23 +0700

Hi False,

1) Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can use to simulate/generate
attacks/suspicous traffic towards the weberver from my client?

==> You can generate traffic attacks by web assessment tools, recommend :
W3af, Websecurify, not recommend Acunetix because it fixed http header, WAF
so easy detect and block.

2) Is there a honeypot image out there that I can download that would be
good to be the role of my test
webserver?

You can try some images : OWASP Webgoat ; WebDojo ...

Search article of NSA : waf testing procedure .

Regards,
DucNguyen
Tactical Security Researcher
Contact : ducnguyenrs\x40\gmail\2e\com