Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Session ID Analysis

From: Steve Pinkham <steve.pinkham () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 17:54:07 -0400

Be cautious with webscarab's session analysis: In my opinion it is worse
then useless. It gives you an idea you're doing a good test when you're not.
Both Stompy and burp use high quality statistical randomness tests,
which are much more telling about potential problems then a pretty
graph.  If you can't read the output of either one of those tools and
interpret it, you're not qualified to test for randomness.