Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pentest exams

From: Marco Ivaldi <raptor () mediaservice net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:17:45 +0200 (ora legale Europa occidentale)

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Scott wrote:

Those are great points Curt. Proper methodology is a hugely important area to learn and I didn't feel like I picked up on that during the OSCP course.

[snip]

Personally I'd take the GPEN if I could. Having both the GPEN and OSCP would be a dynamic duo of pen testing certs.

Also, consider the professional certifications based on the OSSTMM, the
de facto methodology for performing security testing:

http://www.isecom.org/certification/opst.shtml
http://www.isecom.org/certification/opsa.shtml
http://www.isecom.org/certification/owse.shtml

Cheers,

--
Marco Ivaldi
Lead Security Analyst     Data Security Division