Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: failure notice

From: "john.bryson () oit gatech edu" <john.bryson () oit gatech edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:24:18 -0400 (EDT)

----- "L. Pop" <zhiglee () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

In my mind there are two ways to detect whether a website has been
hacked,
1. to detect whether there worm fingerprinting
2. to detect whether there are malious url inside the website

is there any other good methods?

Is there any efficient existing tools do the job?

Kind Regards,
Pop

I might suggest that from the host, you can do a lot - integrity checking, such as tripwire, checksums could be
effectively used, etc. From a remote location, you only have access to what the web server allows, or what other
services allow. (ex if some new suspicious service just started listening, or the web server serves up a suspicious
page)

--
John  Bryson