Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Hosted Solutions -- Hackers Haven

From: Gleb Paharenko <gpaharenko () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 21:16:33 +0300

Adriel, hi!

I agree with that point that shared environments increases the attack
surface. But in case decision for outsourcing environment is done in a
right manner, first risks/profits should be assessed and analysed if
shared hosting acceptable. It is good to have a threats check-lists
for different hosting types as a guidelines for risk assessment. There
might even operational issues (cpu/memory quotas), not only pure
security!