Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Cisco 3015 concentrator VPN bruteforce? And proxy with easy header rewrite?

From: Richard Miles <richard.k.miles () googlemail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:47:49 -0300

Hi zer0x90

It really work. Thanks a lot folk.

Is a bit slow, but work very well, good point.

:)

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 7:52 AM, 0 0 <wikid88 () hotmail com> wrote:
Richard,
     When using Burpsuite, and after you have created the "Cookie: " header
that you wish to match and replace, you will need to change some settings to
automate the process. Typically, as it was previously mentioned, you will
manually trap HTTP REQUEST and forward it onto the server. However, if you
change your proxy settings by clicking the button under the "proxy" tab to
"intercept is off", then all requests will still be subject to your match
and replace while automated and completely transparent to the user.

Regarding the "Content-Length: " header, this will be automatically
calculated based on the client request. For instance, a POST request will
only need those prior steps that I have identified for header rewrites. Once
automated, the Content-Length: fixup will be transparent and won't need any
manual intervention from the attacker's perspective as Burp will handle this
for you.

-zer0x90