Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Wifi Signal extension for mobile pen-testing

From: "Michael Painter" <tvhawaii () shaka com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:21:17 -1000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Terry Cutler" <jedi31337 () gmail com>
To: <pen-test () securityfocus com>
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 6:27 AM
Subject: Wifi Signal extension for mobile pen-testing

Hey guys, happy Friday !!

Do any of you know of a good range extender (antenna booster) I could buy so that I can conduct a pen-test from a parking lot or from a cafe across the street of the target ? It needs to be compatible to work with Backtrack 4 and wepbuster

Thanks so much in advance and have a great weekend !

I have one of these (just the white part):
http://www.superpass.com/SPDG11T.html
velcroed to the lid of my laptop with a 10" pigtail going to an SMC-2532W-B High Power 802.11b card...works great.
It's 4.5"x2"x1" and will work with any card with an external antenna option.

--Michael