Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: RE: Requesting Informational Interview

From: rracic () gmail com
Date: 18 Jun 2009 21:56:51 -0000

I tend to agree with your statement as well, Erin. It has been my experience that many of my colleagues with no formal
education lack the expert understanding of how things work behind the scenes. Furthermore, understanding how to run
tools is great for the pen-tester but of no value to the community. In other words, a true expert will always try to
improve through innovation -- by designing better tools or improving the current ones, something that can only be
achieved with thorough comprehension of the fundamentals and/or theory. Just my .02 cents.

Cheers,
-- Nick