Penetration Testing mailing list archives

News from the penetration testing directory project

From: Victor DaViking <analogviking () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:34:11 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy list,

The penetration testing directory project (www.penetrationtests.com) keeps on growing at an incredible speed!

There are now 509 pentesting links distributed among 151 categories, that's 182 new resources since February this year.
Remember that all links are manually reviewed and approved in order to preserve the quality and nature of the directory.

Among a hand full of updates, here's a short summary of changes:

- Pentest Companies are now sorted by location instead of by size (makes a lot more sense)
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Companies/

- New Checklists category! Containing all sorts of security related checklists.
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Knowledge-Zone/Documents/Checklists/

- New "Knowledge Zone" containing Videos, Documents, E-Zines and Security Trainings!
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Knowledge-Zone/

- New "Security Job Offers" category where you can now submit your FTEs/Part-time offerings.
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Security-Jobs/

- New "Computer Tracking" and "Proxy" software categories
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Other-links/

- New "VMWare Images" category, full of links to free VMWare images you can download.
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Tools-Software/VMWare-Images/

- New "Metasploit Plugins" category. Listing sites that provide external plugins for Metasploit.
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Frameworks/Free-frameworks/Metasploit-Plugins/

- New "Metasploit Tutorials" category. Dozens of different tips and tricks on Metasploit.
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Frameworks/Free-frameworks/Metasploit-Tutorials/

- New "Man in the Middle" tools category
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Tools-Software/Network-testing/Man-in-the-middle/

- New "Site Advisors" category
http://www.penetrationtests.com/Community/Websites/Site-Advisors/

Dozens of documents, videos, tools, blogs and companies have also been added. As you may notice, we also have a brand
new site and and blog layout, hope you like it!

Add your companies! your tools, your blogs, anything related to this pentesting world that you would like to share with
the rest of us. I will review it personally and even help you in the process of submitting it to the directory if you
run into any problems.

You can submit a link to the directory by clicking on "Suggest a Link" or heading your browser to the following Url:
http://www.penetrationtests.com/submit.php

As I've mentioned before, the nature of the directory script currently in place requires a reciprocal link, but I've
disabled it for eternity. Don't panic if you click on "Suggest a Link" and find "Reciprocal Link URL" as another input
box. However, any back-linking to promote the directory is useful and greatly appreciated.

Send me an e-mail with your feedback/comments/flaming, I'll respond asap.

Thanks for your help!

-AV