Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Alisse

From: matteo filippetto <matteo.filippetto () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 13:51:51 +0200

2009/7/29 Yiannis Koukouras <ikoukouras () gmail com>:
Ioannis (Yiannis) Koukouras
Wim,

I am covered by the RoE for this system. However i can do any social
engineering attacks to get info for the server.
Bellow is the hexdump of the connection.

nc XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX 9025 | hexdump
0000000 3c06 4c41 5349 4553 303e 0226 5f20 f70f
0000010 c7b1 1d4b a902 9999 46b7 b50c a1f0 183e
0000020 3fb4 97fa 1eb9 229c 234b f420 0261 4902

I wrote a jolt client (stitching example code) in order to talk to the
Jolt server (if this is one of those), but it is not able to even open
a session to the system.
Thus, maybe we should be looking at another direction.

The sure thing is that this is not a rogue service. It is a legitimate
service and the client knows about it, but they won't disclose more
info. :(