Penetration Testing mailing list archives

FlowMatrix NBAD Freeware Security Tool 0.9.75 Released !

From: <chkrootkit2 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:35:26 -0500

Hello community,

We're inviting you to check out, download and test a new Network Behavior Anomaly Detection solution,FlowMatrix.
The product is a freeware with absolutely no strings attached (no trials, no limits, no ads, etc)
geared toward enthusiastic security community. No marketing gimmicks and no unnecessary features that
bloat the product.

It can be downloaded from http://www.akmalabs.com/downloads_flowmatrix.php

From the description:
---------
FlowMatrix is Network Anomaly Detection and Network Behavioral Analysis (NBA) System, which in fully automatic mode
constantly monitors your network using NetFlow records from your routers and other network devices in order to identify
anomalous security and network events.
--------

FlowMatrix is software only based Network Behavior Anomaly Detection, i.e. can be installed on a general purpose PC.

The product uses multivariate statistical analysis for anomaly detection and Bayesian inference together with Fuzzy
logic for classification along with some other techniques. It is capable of detecting both network and application
types of anomalies.

Please, keep in mind that FlowMatrix ideally needs about 7 days to build the network model so it could be a bit noisy
right after the deployment.

As far as performance we tested it on a small to medium sized networks (up to 300 hosts) with very encouraging results
but it would be nice to know how it would do on larger networks.

We would welcome very much any feedback regarding FlowMatrix.

Please, check this site for more: http://www.akmalabs.com/flowmatrix.php

Give us your feedback: support () akmalabs com

We are constantly adding new features and improving the product.

Regards,

FlowMatrix Developers