Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Offensive Security OSCP Course

From: Fred Vassard <security () techunix com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:16:53 -0800

Hey Felipe,
I attended the class a couple years ago, just as it came out. I found the material suitably challenging and well
rounded, and actually had a great time following the course along.
The coursework is based on flash videos, and they provide a vmware-based lab that you VPN into to practice what you
learn in the video-class.
The "administrators" of that certification / lab are pretty much always reachable on IRC and online, which is always a
plus. The final exam to get the license was also a lot of fun, where you are given a couple machines (win/linux/unix)
that you have to compromise using what you have learned.
To answer your question, yes, it was challenging, and I learned quite a bit ;)

Hope this helps, and let me know how it goes!

--Fred.