Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: To go to University - For the CISSP etc. - Good idea/Bad idea???

From: Gorgon Beast <gorgonbeast () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2009 11:24:49 -0700

Bill gates doesn't have a degree.

He is definitely not the rule.

When I went to school, way back in the early 80's, I thought I wanted to be a programmer.  They made big bucks, were
smart, etc.  During my second year, we were learning data structures, and I was NOT getting it.  The teacher looked at
us and said, "By now you should know whether you love programming, or loathe it."  I got out.  I discovered that I had
a love for network and security.  I was lucky to meet the head of the computer science department.

He told me, "find what you love, or you won't like life."  He was right.

GB