Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Securing RDP - Is it possible?

From: christopher.riley () r-it at
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:35:35 +0200

Some older implementation of RDP are known to be insecure and prone to man
in the middle attacks. However the latest version (6.0 I think) supports
SSL support. You need to enable this on the client and server sides to
ensure that it's implemented (I'd suggest looking at the group policy
settings for this on the client and server).

Check out these resources .:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925876
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895433
http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/50040/securing-rdp.html