Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Fw: Sql injection/admin privileges

From: "Quentin Chung@Programmer" <quentin.chung () programmer com hk>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 12:59:35 +0800

see
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/SQL_Injection_Prevention_Cheat_Sheet from Dave Wichers
Best Regards, Quentin

----- Original Message -----
From: "NETTLES, RICHARD R." <rn0308982 () otc edu>
To: "pen-test" <pen-test () securityfocus com>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 3:50 AM
Subject: Sql injection/admin privileges

I have been trying to learn more about website penetration.  At the moment, a friend of mine runs a website and told
me I could use it to help me out as long as I don't destroy anything and report to him everything I find.  While I was
doing manual input into the login,  I found a hole that will give me access to a members account.  Is it possible to
access the admin account, or at least receive elevated privileges through that same hole? What reading material would
you recommend to learn more about doing SQL injections, and what are some certifications that I should look into
getting?

Thank you,
Richard