Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Windows Patch Auditing & "File and Print Sharing" disabled

From: "Mike Drugov" <DRUGOVM () nychhc org>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:35:52 -0400

Alright

List of tools that failed

Nessus
FoundStone
GFI
MBSA

Please keep in mind that on remote nodes "Windows Update Service" is disabled and stopped as well as "Client for File &
Print Sharing" is uninstalled

I think my last resort will be to run WMI scripts pull up a list of installed updates and correlate with MS database

"Mike Drugov" <DRUGOVM () nychhc org> 4/30/2009 1:41 PM >>>
Will it work with File & Print Sharing disabled?

eek hmm <eek3hmm () gmail com> 4/30/2009 1:39 PM >>>
GFI LanGuard will work.
http://www.gfi.com/lannetscan/?adv=675&loc=1