Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Help with Guide to finding Vulnerability

From: "Sarah Wahl" <scwahl () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 07:12:54 -0600

Hi Vins,
   I am fairly new to the world of reverse engineering.  I have found
that the basics can be found on University websites, such as:
http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/sigmil/RevEng/  These are a good place to
start (it will by no means give you every thing you need).  They
provide at least a theoretical base. I have also found that a
knowledge of C and x86 assembly are a good basis.  Specifically for
web products it seems that python is becoming rather popular and might
be something to look at. I am sure there are others on the list that
have many better ideas, but I hope this helps a little bit.

v/r
Sarah