Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Client DDoS requests, ideas?

From: Jon Kibler <Jon.Kibler () aset com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 19:28:28 -0400

Erin Carroll wrote:
Jon,

Thanks for the reply. This wasn't a question specific to any client.

However, in some cases in the past clients with very narrow external
exposure have asked for this kind of testing. Fragmentation,
Amplification, protocol & app attacks either weren't effective or the
client's existing countermeasures effective enough to handle the attacks
of those types above.

We're talking straight pipe vs. pipe DoS options. I'm not aware of any
"legitimate" botnets for this kind of load testing or service providers
which offer similar services so I was hoping to get some ideas/options.