Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Level of Exploitation

From: "Adriel T. Desautels" <ad_lists () netragard com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:19:48 -0500

Why is everyone responding to me off-list? I didn't have any questions about this that weren't rhetorical. ;]
On Dec 3, 2008, at 2:57 PM, Goni Sarakinov wrote:

pentestr wrote:
Hi list,

I have come across a situation where I need to specify the "Level of
Exploitation" to the client ( a govt. agency). I was able to do SQL
Injection, Cross Site Scripting attacks against the web application.
Could you share your ideas about level of exploitation. What level we
can give for SQL Injection, Cross site scripting, buffer overflow, TCP
stack exploit,etc

thanks in advance
Pen Testr

I would ask them for a sample of previous reports or a definition
document outlining the various levels that their management has agreed
upon or been told to comply to.

--
Goni.

Security Trends Report from Cenzic
Stay Ahead of the Hacker Curve!
Get the latest Q2 2008 Trends Report now

www.cenzic.com/landing/trends-report

Adriel T. Desautels
ad_lists () netragard com