Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: OSCP

From: christopher.riley () r-it at
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:56:23 +0100

That's a common misconception (as I mentioned in previous messages). HR
and (some) management think that a CISSP is a license to do anything
security. Opinions on the CISSP vary so much, but personally I doubt the
expertise of the CISSP qualified amongst us. I don't doubt that they know
their stuff, but CISSP is too broad to be useful in a lot of circumstances
(like penetration testing).