Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Good advice: Learn Assembly

From: "Micheal Cottingham" <techie.micheal () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:53:31 -0400

Definitely. As software makers up the ante, I think it is more
important than ever to learn assembly. And if you do fuzz something,
you'll still have to go through and work out what/why/how to
understand the behavior and to write exploits/PoC. Metasploit and
other packages may make things "easy," but someone still had to go
through and understand the vulnerability to write the exploit for it.
That's my half a cent anyway.

Micheal