Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Keylogger win/linux

From: Marco Ivaldi <raptor () mediaservice net>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:01:18 +0200 (ora solare Europa occidentale)

Herman,

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008, administrator - wrote:

Hi there,

I am new to the pentesting field and currently busy with OSCP. I have
read a great number of books and publications. From all of this I
compiled a handy toolset. However I am missing a good keylogger.

[snip]

Beside the already mentioned THC-vlogger [1], you may want to give the following Linux keyloggers a try:

http://pykeylogger.wiki.sourceforge.net/ (works also on Windows)
http://www.honeynet.org/tools/sebek/ (works on a wide range of platforms)
http://kambing.ui.edu/gentoo-portage/app-shells/bash/files/bash-3.0-bash-logger.patch (old)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lkl/ (old)
http://gnu.ethz.ch/linuks.mine.nu/uberkey/ (old)

There's plenty of keyloggers for the Windows platform -- just google a bit and pick up the one that seems to better fit your needs.

Alternatively, how about an hardware keylogger [2]?

Cheers,

[1] http://freeworld.thc.org/releases.php?o=2&q=THC-vlogger
    http://freeworld.thc.org/papers/writing-linux-kernel-keylogger.txt
[2] such as this one: http://www.keyghost.com/

--
Marco Ivaldi, OPST
Red Team Coordinator      Data Security Division