Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Social Engineering Pentest

From: "Paul Melson" <pmelson () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:29:21 -0400

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Joseph McCray
<joe () learnsecurityonline com> wrote:
I just got contacted by a customer that wants a pentest with the primary
 focus being Social Engineering. We do a few things, but the SE portion
 of our assessments isn't all encompassing by any means.

 If you do a healthy amount of SE in your assessments give me a holla
 because I'd really be interested in talking to you about developing a
 more thorough social engineering attack framework that we can customize
 for different customer verticals.

The thing about SE - in my opinion, anyway - is that testing it in any
meaningful way requires that you have something to test against. [1]

PaulM

[1] http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/sf/pentest/2007-02/0016.html