Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Fuzzing FTPD ?

From: "Bojan Zdrnja" <bojan.zdrnja () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 23:39:19 +0200

Razi,

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 10:36 AM, razi garbie <r.garbie () gmail com> wrote:
Hi list,

 I was wondering if any of you guys could give me some advice on FTP
 fuzzing, i want to pentest my own FTPD (filezilla, running on win32),
 however the pentest will be performed from Debian. If you believe that
 running a application against the FTPD won't do anything, please
 outline other techinques one could use to pentest FTPDs.

 And while we're at it, as you might have noticed im new to the subject
 and eager to learn more. So if you guys know any "must read"
 documentation/books on pentesting please provide links and/or name of
 books.

I'd recommend that you read the following paper from our web site
http://www.infigo.hr/files/INFIGO-TD-2006-04-01-Fuzzing-eng.pdf

We also released an FTP fuzzer, you can download it from
http://www.infigo.hr/en/in_focus/tools

Cheers,

Bojan

--