Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: CREST or TIGER?

From: mamo <mamo74 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:36:07 +0200

On 10/19/07, Danny Fullerton <dfullerton () mantor org> wrote:
Hi,

from my point of view, among security professional, xyz certification
won't mean anything and so does university degree. I've been working
with CISSP, computer science PhD, CEH, CISM, GIAC and others guys and
found that my opinion about there competency in computer security cannot
be based on those. The only common denominator I found among the best
was passion.
I partially agree. I asked during past interview about assembly
language of Commodore 64 (it was on CV). Two person I hired knew it
quite well. They are very very good at their job (and they have no
certification).

Mamo