Penetration Testing mailing list archives

How Would I Find the Actual Name of the Honeypot Software via a Pen Test?

From: TStark <stark.ironman () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:09:59 -0400

Good afternoon,

I'm doing a pen test a new IPS appliance from outside the network,
while working through the assessment I found that the server
designated as my target was a honeypot set up by our server team
rather than a normal server.

I've now been challenged to now tell them the actual name of the
honeypot software they are using.

So with that, I figure I'd ask the pros, hoping that someone has a
suggestion other than me low crawling under the raised floor in the
server room looking for the host server:P

Thanks for the help!

Tony