Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Port Scanning Issues

From: "Steinar Watne" <knut.steinar.watne () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 11:12:16 +0200

Have you tried nmap or amap?

I have never tried Superscan myself, but nmap and amap seems to agree
with nessus on what ports that are open.

cheers
Steinar Watne

On 25 Jun 2007 21:59:58 -0000,  crumdub12 () gmail com <crumdub12 () gmail com> wrote:
 A Chairde,

   Havin, some issues with scanning stacks on my system.

1. Using Superscan4 ,  I scan stack UDP-TCP 1-65534 , Sometimes I

get no ports open , another time I get 49159 UDP Ports open, only get port report, no attempt made to open any ports
... , when get open ports , I always get 49159 UDP Ports ...... , use the scanner at 250msecs , takes around 16 hours
to finish.

2. Using Languard, Nessus and Retina , get different scans from each tool, any ideas why, how do I find out real ports
open.. differences can be 10,000 ports

Are you using SPI, Watchfire or WhiteHat?
Consider getting clear vision with Cenzic
See HOW Now with our 20/20 program!

http://www.cenzic.com/c/2020