Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: tools to scan source code

From: "Ric Messier" <kilroy () WasHere COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 09:36:38 -0600

Wahyu Wijaya H. writes:

i got involved in some web application development using php and mysql.
i got responsibility to check for vulnerability that may exist.
is there any tool that can help me? i mean any tool that could scan the
entire source code to find any vulnerability, because auditing all
source code seems overwhelming to me :-) plus that i am no fluent in
php language.

PHP is fairly C-like. If you know C, it's pretty easy to read PHP. However,
try RATS. http://www.securesoftware.com/download_rats.htm

There is another tool (free) I've run across recently but the name is
escaping me at the moment.

Ric