Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: RE: l0phtcrack

From: wymerzp () sbu edu
Date: 30 Oct 2006 04:06:10 -0000

Thanks to all who responded, I resolved the issue through sectools.org. It is an impressive tool; lc5 took mere seconds
to break a user account on my computer(consisting of a word and one number) while (even under strong password auditing)
with default settings lc5 didn't break my password for the admin account. NOTA BENE: Please don't assume that I feel
impenetrable because of this, for there are more than one way to skin a cat as the addage goes. It is just very
interesting to see the difference between a strong and a weak password! This really put things into perspective. Thanks
again! Peace, Zach