Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Social Engineering Data set

From: "Lee Lawson" <leejlawson () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:47:49 +0100

If you check out the Penetration Testing MindMap available at:
http://www.vulnerabilityassessment.co.uk/Penetration%20Test.html

You will find a Social Engineering section with some good example
scenarios and advice.

Thanks,

On 10/11/06, xun dong <xundong () cs york ac uk> wrote:
Hello list;

I am currently doing research on Social Engineering Attacks. Unlike the
technical hack, I found that there is few useful and well documented SE
attack examples on the Internet. So I decided to create a data set for
SE attacks, and I am willing to publish it for free on the Internet.

However, I think only my own experience would not be able to make this
dataset as comprehensive as possible. So I would like to ask for help on
this list. If you think you have SE attack examples, you can email me.
Of course for confidential reason you should not use the real name in
your example. If you don't mind I will also publish your name along with
the example you provided. Thanks a lot in advance. I hope this could be
a step forwards in protecting against SE attacks.

--
Xun Dong
Research Associate

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.
http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=701600000008bOW

--
Lee J Lawson
leejlawson () gmail com

"Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day; set a man on fire,
and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."