Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Covert Microphone Application

From: Shreyas Zare <shreyasonline () yahoo com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 05:14:46 -0700 (PDT)

Writting as customised app is needed as any crappy AV
on the laptop will detect any popular
backdoors/trojans. As you said a simple app in VB will
be good, and could be developed fast. I have developed
a trojan The_SPY_v2.1 in VB, with all advance I/O
facility (any plugin dll can be loaded on the remote
machine and used), but its not for public release ;)

Shreyas Zare

--- "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor () hammerofgod com>
wrote:

Well, the challenge was to get a recording... And it
really isn't that
elaborate... I can write a VB app that you can
telnet to with a media
control in it in no time (but I'm not going to
unless I get paid ;)

What would be even easier would be to load "NetBus"
on the thing... Seems
like we were doing remote recording and all that
good stuff with NetBus
about 10 years ago... No hax0r skillz needed.

On 7/27/06 8:58 AM, "Matt Burnett" <marukka () mac com>
spoketh to all:

Wouldnt it just be a lot easier for you or your
boss to disconnect
the microphone cable than going though some
elaborate scheme to prove
it could possibly be done? If they can "ruled" any
laptop at will
then couldnt they also get into your mail servers?
Wouldnt anything
that would be discussed in your meeting generate
followups in a email?

On Jul 26, 2006, at 4:55 AM, shiri_yacov () yahoo com