Penetration Testing mailing list archives

MITM Proxies

From: "Kevin Willock (IGSN Security)" <kevin () igsn com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:04:10 -0700

Hi there, excuse my ignorance, but I am curious to know how MITM applications bypass SSL encryption? Do you need to buy a CA signed cert for the MITM machine? How does the spoofing process actually work?

Thanks

Kevin Willock
 IGSN Security
 415.462.1782
 403.870.1655

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831