Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: CISSP

From: ruud.geelen () sscplus nl
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 12:42:43 +0100 (CET)

I agree, with some experience and maybe a bit of study the CISSP is
achievable. I don't hold a bachelor's either, but my experience and being
a CCIE security (that was a bit harder to achieve ;-) ) the CISSP was not
that difficult.
The current requirement is at:
https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/content.cgi?category=1186
and
https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/content.cgi?category=1187

Have fun !!!

Cheers,
Ruud

Uh, I have the CISSP and I don't have a degree.  I believe it's degree
or 4 years experience in info sec.  If you have 4+ yrs you shouldn't
have an issue.

If you have a broad base of knowledge and experience in the 10 domains
they outline, the test will be a snap.  I just downloaded the Boson
practice tests the Fri before, went out drinking Sat nite, and took
the test hung over on Sun.  That was the extent of my prep work which
should tell you how easy it is.  Granted I had practical work
experience in most of the topics.  Law (go figure) and SW dev cycles
gave me the most trouble.  I've had people tell me the crypto parts
were difficult for them, but that's one of my areas of expertise so I
don't know how hard they really are for someone without that
background.

If you feel unsure get the Wiley book (I think that's the one).  My
budy got it and he passed OK.  I think it's a white book with a read
spine and a funky grey-scale pixelated thing on the front.

Good luck.