Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: "Digital" War Dialing

From: "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell () secnap net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 22:50:08 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: listbounce () securityfocus com
[mailto:listbounce () securityfocus com] On Behalf Of 09sparky () gmail com
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 9:29 AM
To: pen-test () securityfocus com
Subject: "Digital" War Dialing

I am currently looking/wondering if there is a tool
free/commercial that works comparatively to SandStorm's
"Phone Sweep".  However, I would like the tool to be able to
work over Digital lines as opposed to just Analog lines (as
digital may be faster and perhaps offer more options).  Does
anyone know if any tools exist?

I have used the sandstorm one (and, previously, in the early 80's wrote
my one).

I like the sandstorm one.  Among other things, the voice call detect
will stop you from wasting time on calls answered by voicemail, humans
or other recordings.

If you are charging for war dialing, and do it often enough, its worth
it.