Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Whitespace in passwords

From: "Craig Wright" <cwright () bdosyd com au>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 07:21:00 +1000

No, just that this argument is getting pointless. That
1 There are other tables than the rainbow project ones that the effectively public
2 No user will ever use these passwords which we are sugessting
3 Security is about the most bang for the buck at the end of the day

It is easier to stop the capture of passwords than to be able to get users to use VERY strong ones.

The simple fact is that we live in  the real world and not an idealised one where users do the best in every way all
the time

Craig