Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Firewalking query

From: BSK <bishan4u () yahoo co uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:40:28 +0100 (BST)

Dear Clement & Group,

I think I haven't made myself clear. There is a
third IP address which is a Firewall (probably Cisco
PIX, from current results) that need to be assessed
apart from the PT on 2 web servers.

Now one of the servers is behind this firewall and
other I'm not able to make out the location.

On of the points that I want to express to the
client is that their firewall is a single point of
failure. If the firewall is compromised/DoS/Crashed
their one of the webserver will also not be available.
The same I cannot say for the second webserver whose
details I'm not able to trace.

The second webserver I'm not able to firewalk or
traceroute using source/destination port 80/tcp,
icmp, 53/tcp/udp, 161/udp, 69/tcp.

It would be great if i can find out the location of
second webserver.

thnks bshan

http://uk.security.yahoo.com

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner:

Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your
website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms,
login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are
futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities
to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do!
Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831