Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: Firewalking query

From: "Hazel, Scott A." <Scott.Hazel () unisys com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:06:53 -0400

Hello Bshan.

When you talk about the 2 systems below, do you mean a single server or
a network?  Since there is a firewall in front of the first system that
implies a network but some clarification would help here.  Also, you
mention the second system is blocking ping but port 80 is open. For the
PT what is your objective? Is it to see what services are available on
each system and how they might be exploited or are you only testing
against port 80 on each system?

Scott H.