Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Connecting to different services with source port 53

From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor () hammerofgod com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:06:08 -0700

FPipe does indeed work for this kind of thing... While nc allows you to change the source, it's still the nc client. FPipe allows you to redirect whatever client you want to...

I use it all the time (well, alot anyway) for terminal services access on systems where it is not feasible to have the firewall allow only specific clients. In these cases, I further obfuscate TS services by only allowing 3389 (or whatever port you change it to) in if it comes from a particular source port. FPipe allows one to easily set up a secondary relay connection to a host/port from a specified source port. I've actually been playing around with all kinds of different services like this, and it's been working fine. I spend a few minutes in my Blackhat Training talking about this (configuring ISA)- it's kinda cool to further limit access based on source address, and can easily be batched to simplify client access.

------
*Secure your infrastructure*
Microsoft Ninjitsu: Securely Deploying MS Technologies
security training delivered by Timothy Mullen.
Registration now open for Blackhat Vegas 2005:
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-05/train-bh-usa-05-tm.html

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Weeks" <jaweeks () gmail com>