Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Core Impact

From: Chris Raymond <lightningstorm53 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:23:04 -0700 (PDT)

I have only seen the webinar on this product, so this
maybe no use to you.  I was rather impressed with the
demo, they game and what the product allowed you to
do.

You were able to exploit vulnerabilities just by a few
clicks of the mouse, or so it seemed.  The Demo,
showed how you can exploit one vulnerability on one
machine inside of a network.  Then you were able to
place an app in to memory, and after running it; you
were able to see the other machines from that one
host.

If seemed pretty user friendly.  I also, liked the
fact you can import Nessus scan in the the program, I
think it was also GFI LANguard you wer also able to
import, but not for sure.

I would be interested in hearing more about it, if any
one has any more input.

Chris

--- Security Professional <redteamer () gmail com> wrote:

Hey folks.  I was just wondering if anyone out there
has tried the
Core Impact product, or even better, purchased it
and currently uses
it.  If so, would you be so kind as to send me a
quick down and dirty
of how you feel about this product?  I am in the
process of looking at
it and before I move any further, I would like to
have the community's
thoughts on this Company and their product.  Any
comments would be
appreciated.

P.S. - Don't feel you have to post them publicly.
Just send them
directly to me, unless you feel it is something
everyone will benefit
from.

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com