Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: Pen Test help

From: H D Moore <sflist () digitaloffense net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 22:35:03 -0500

On Sunday 17 July 2005 14:32, Juda Barnes wrote:
 Anyway   the machine have 53/tcp  open port   so if I will have the
right exploit I will be able to bind to 53 the shell

That won't work. To bind on top of another service under Windows you have
to specify the local address in the bind() call. The metasploit
win32_bind payloads do not do this, so it will end up binding a shell to
some random TCP port instead.

Your best bet is to put your attacking system outside of a firewall and
use the win32_reverse payloads instead (25, 80, 443, etc).

msf iis50_webdav_ntdll(win32_exec) > check
[*] Server does not appear to be vulnerable
Well I tried most of the framework exploits none of them work.
Are you sure that the system is vulnerable to anything? The metasploit
check seems to disagree with the Nessus scan results, are you using an
older version of Nessus?

-HD