Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: FW: Bypassing NTFS ACL

From: "James S. Ringold III" <jringold () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:02:11 -0800 (PST)

Quick and dirty, if you want the content and
properties of the files, use forensics tools like this
one http://www.accessdata.com/ftkuser/imager.htm from
a thumb drive or other location.   I am assuming that
you have interactive access to the machine.  You won't
change the files or the permissions.  Since this
particular application bypasses the usual NTFS
controls and file access calls, you should be G2G.