Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: IPS Comparison

From: neal wise <neal.wise () assurance com au>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 16:57:19 +1100

On 21/12/2005, at 3:17 AM, Josh Perrymon wrote:

Again-- I haven't spent much time with either of the products but have
"heard" from several large state clients about the Radware box so don't
take this post for much more than mere conversation.

No one has mention the McAfee Intrushield product. At the time I examined products this was my choice (followed VERY closely by the Radware appliance - seems like I had a different experience with it). I based this on my perceptions of kinds of traffic blocked, management/event system integration, etc.

Time has passed since I looked at this but I think you should get a look at the McAfee product while you're at it.

regards,

Neal
Neal Wise CISSP CISA - neal.wise[at]assurance.com.au
PGP: 1DAA 1F81 EE57 F975 BA41  5BBA 7C38 F9F0 522D F20E

Audit your website security with Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner: Hackers are concentrating their efforts on attacking applications on your website. Up to 75% of cyber attacks are launched on shopping carts, forms, login pages, dynamic content etc. Firewalls, SSL and locked-down servers are futile against web application hacking. Check your website for vulnerabilities to SQL injection, Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! Download Trial at:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/pen-test_050831