Penetration Testing mailing list archives

brute force tools

From: <don.williams () verizonwireless com>
Date: 20 May 2004 23:33:47 -0000

Frequently I attempt to brute force web applications and have found a few problems with the programs I have used. For
instance Brutus always informs me a few successful attempts yet when I try they fail. (2) Webcrack not reliable.

What I would like is some other tools you may have used with good success and hopefully a perl based script which
enumerate common words substituting letters for numbers as users do everyday (ie. pa$$w0rd). Also attempting the crack
ColdFusion it only requests the password not the user name / password combo as most tools only allow. Windows or Linux
is fine.

Thx