Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: manipulating query strings

From: "Nick Besant" <Nick.Besant () ioko com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:01:37 -0000

You can do a lot of this with perl and LWP
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2002/08/20/perlandlwp.html?page=1 - you
can create a POST request from scratch using this and manually
create headers etc.

A good tool is spike proxy (already mentioned I think),
which I've successfully used for similar testing.  Available
GPL'd or commercially : http://www.immunitysec.com/spikeproxy.html
This also provides additional testing functionality (if you're checking
for XSS / other holes)

Another commercial alternative would be something like
Sleuth - http://www.sandsprite.com/Sleuth/about.html

Nick Besant, ioko
nick.besant () ioko com - http://www.ioko.com