Penetration Testing mailing list archives

RE: nessus which plug'in reports which vulnerability?

From: "Vaccare, Anthony" <rvaccare () ola state md us>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:24:10 -0500

I posted your question to the Nessus ListServ and received the following
newbie):

==========

The GTK client actually *does* link the result of the plugins to each
plugin ID. If you export results in HTML, you can even click on the
plugin link and be sent to the Nessus forums where you can ask questions
about the results and all.

I guess that this person is using NessusWX, which - as far as I
understand it - does not include such links. Maybe that's a feature
which should be asked to Victor ?

==========

I suppose that since I am pretty new to Nessus and use NessusWX,
I am not familiar with that functionality.  I imagine the user
that posted that question was in the same boat.  Renaud, is there
any way I could see what you are talking about on the Nessus client
machine, or is it that since I am using NessusWX, I cannot produce
the results with links at all?

The links are not available, but the plug-in ID number is displayed in
the NessusWX results. From there, you can create your own link using the
below URL:
        http://cgi.nessus.org/plugins/dump.php3?id=XXXXXXXXXX

(obviously, replace the "XXXXX" with the plug-in number from NessusWX)